Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sitting Outside on a Sunny Sunday…

The sun is shining and the air is hot. How can I not sit outside and enjoy the sunshine? For those who don’t know, I am currently aboard the MSC Lirica cruise ship on an 11 day trip to Panama and back. Since I have left the snow in Canada last week, I have traveled 1131.5 nautical miles from departure in Fort Lauderdale with 136 to go until we reach Columbia tomorrow morning. In between there we stopped in Jamaica (Beautiful Country) Today we are sailing through 7-12 foot waves across the Caribbean Sea on way to Columbia. I don’t know how to put into words how awesome it is to look over the side of the ship out across the vast expanse of open sea, to see the waves crash against the side of the ship, and to watch the flying fish “jump/fly” out of the water.

Well now that I find my life here aboard a very large ship sailing south what a great opportunity to not forget about home and everything that is temporarily happening there, but to be able to reflect on the truth, who I really am, and the great things that God is doing in my life. I am enjoying both my time here with my family and experiencing God’s amazing creation.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I am so exceited for you!
How wonderful it must feel.
Do you have a careful, freedom kind of feeling?
I am glad that this time is being spent with your family and that you are experiencing such awesome creation.
Reflect, enjoy and come back a more wonderful person that you already are!!!

I can't wait to see pictures and hear all the wonderful stories.

brando said...

you'd better be enjoying yourself!

take lots of photos for me.

see you soon.

and i mean that.

Anonymous said...

sounds like your having a great time joseph. you sure picked the right time to go cause its been CRAPPY weather here, snowy and rainy. but come back soon cause our group isnt the same without you.