Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2007

...the greatest of these is Love.

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Wow, So Valentines Day… Certainly did not turn out the way I would have wanted it to but definitely the way God wanted me to experience it. Just like this last Christmas, although I knew the “Sunday school” version, this year I gained the “experiential” version.
I am truly blessed and encouraged to see God at work in the lives of all those around me. That is what God is all about, changing the lives of those who turn to Him. Who knew that my night would turn out the way that it did? God knew. I had a great time with someone that I can truly call a friend, listening to their love for God and the work that He is doing in their life. I am inspired by their testimony and my life is enriched because of it. God intended us to live in community; by loving each other and sharing we can strengthen one another as we all grow in our own lives.
Though my heart aches for what I have lost, my heart also rejoices for what I have gained.
No, Love is not something that should be left to a single day, a day that we make a point of being loving, this should be who we are as we live each day of our lives loving both God and others. So I think that Valentines Day, rather than being an isolated day out of the year that we make a point to express our love to those around us, can be a day like New Years. A day where we can be reminded to evaluate our lives in the past year and to make a resolution to the coming year; that we will express God’s love to all of those around us as we continue to express our love to God himself.

No comments: