Pages

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Beginings

Another new year, another chance for us to make a fresh start. So what is it this year? Eat less junk food, exercise more, make more use of my free time, serve more...? The list goes on. If I am going to be able to make any change in my life, I need to change my heart. I think that our lifestyle is a true representation of our heart. If my heart desires a healthy lifestyle then I will exercise more and eat right. If my heart is living for God's purpose then my life will be lived as one that reflects Him.

This past Sunday morning at my church our "new years" service was comprised of singing, testimonies, and baptisms. What a great service to ascribe worth to God in community, especially at this time of year when we seem to take the time to evaluate our lives and make new commitments or changes. It is great to hear the testimonies of others and how God has brought them through their life struggles and experiences to the place in their lives now where they are ready to make a public commitment to living their life for God. We can give God the glory for the work that he has done in their hearts now that they have chosen to follow Him, God reveals Himself to all people and they have chosen to see God with their heart open to Him.
So, as I sat reflecting on the work that God had been doing in the hearts of other believers, I couldn't help but to think, especially considering my circumstances, that I too need to re-commit my life to God, (i.e. put my de-railed train back on track). I also need to write this down so that I never forget it, because I ALWAYS need to be at this place in my life where I am re-committing my life to Him. Or maybe to better say it, just simply reflecting always on the condition of my heart and to remember the commitment that I have made to follow Christ. Once we allow our heart's desires to fade or slip away, then so too will our lifestyle.
Whoever is reading this, even myself, never stop evaluating your heart condition. What is your heart living for? What is your purpose in life? That is your lifestyle. That is who you are.
Make a commitment to change. Make a difference in this world.


You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
-Isaiah 26:3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All aboard the Ferretti train! wooo woo. Im on your track dude.